I’m pretty much obsessed with The Grinch. It doesn’t matter if it is the classic version, the Jim Carrey version or the newest one, if there is a mean one whose hear grows two sizes, I’m all in. In fact, I’m not sure Christmas would be Christmas without the Grinch!
Naturally while thinking up Christmas slimes a Grinch version was one of the first ones that I wanted to create. This super glittery green slime is a lot of fun. And the little red heart charm finishes it off perfectly.
A few things before we start:
- Glue matters – We use Elmer’s glue for everything. I’ve bought other glues and sometimes they don’t work as well. I don’t know why, but ever since Elmer’s is all we use.
- Usually we use extra fine glitter for our slimes, but for this one we used a little bigger one. I love the texture that it gave the slime! Be sure to LOAD this slime up with glitter!
- I found my heart charms at Hobby Lobby (they are actually flatback buttons) but if you don’t have a Hobby Lobby near you (or can’t find them) these will work too.
- If you need storage containers, these are great! Inexpensive and they are a great size!
To make the Grinch Slime you will need:
- 1 5 oz Elmer’s Clear Glue
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp storage containers
- Green food coloring
- Green Glitter (LOTS!)
- Heart charm
- storage containers
- Small bowl
How to make Grinch Slime:
In a container, pour 5 oz clear glue. Add 1/2 cup water and stir until well mixed.
Add in a bit of green food coloring and stir again.
Add the green glitter. You will add a lot!
Continue to add glitter until it is the look you want.
Add in a little less than 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and stir. Mix in a bit less than 1 tbsp of contact solution. It will be STICKY! Don’t panic! Mix the solution in the bowl until it starts to form.
Knead the slime until it is no longer sticky. Add your heart. Store in an airtight container.
That’s it! Your Grinch slime is ready!
What Grinch movie do you like the best? The original, the Jim Carrey one or the newest one?
Ahhh! I can’t decide either!
Be sure to pin our Grinch slime!
This post contains affiliate links.