16 Family Service Projects To Celebrate National Random Acts Of Kindness Day
February 17th is National Random Acts of Kindness Day. What a fun and beautiful way to celebrate! If you are looking for some fun family service ideas to get everyone involved, then look no further! These list of family service ideas will give you plenty of inspiration not only for National Random Acts of Kindness Day, but for all year long!
- Donate food to a local food pantry. (If you want to take it a step further, organize a neighborhood food drive! Simply download our Neighborhood Food Drive flyer and distribute throughout your neighborhood. Be sure to fill out the form noting what time and day you want donations to be set out, as well as where you plan on sending them. Then, on your big day, load up the kids and collect your goods and take them to fill your local food pantry! It might be nice to have your kids write a follow up thank you note to your neighbors or even include a picture of them with all of their donations!)
- Give back to our men and women in uniform! Find a list of organizations that you can send letters and/or care packages through here!
- Make a blanket to donate to Project Linus
- Help fulfill an animal shelter’s wishlist
- Clean up your local park (PS Contractor bags are your BFF for projects like this! They are stronger than trash bags so no worries of anything ripping!)
- Make a bird feeder
- Donate books to a classroom, shelter, or library
- Make cookies for someone – a local retirement home, fire station, police station, office staff at school, etc
- Visit a nursing home to play games or read with residents
- Put together a care kit for a women’s shelter or a homeless shelter
- Help a neighbor with yard work
- Leave a thank you card and treats in your mailbox for your mail carrier
- Leave positive notes in random places to remind people they are special, loved and totally awesome
- Decorate place mats to give to Meals On Wheels
- Have a garage sale or lemonade stand to raise money for a specific cause
- Plan a garden and grow extra veggies to donate or give to neighbors
What family service projects are your favorite? How do you give back as a family?
Don’t forget to pin our 16 family service projects on Pinterest!